Merrill A. Hanson
Merrill Hanson is admitted to practice under California State Bar No. 292235, and to practice in under Nevada State Bar No. 15052, having earned his Juris Doctorate (JD) from the University of La Verne College of Law. He also has a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) in Finance. He has a BS in Business Administration with a concentration in Management and a BS in Music with a concentration in Vocal Performance. His background in business together with his experience as a performer has made Merrill an effective consultant as well as a powerful advocate in the courtroom.
Merrill is employed full-time at Sullivan Law.
Merrill is dedicated to providing the highest quality service.
- Attorney and Counselor at Law, 2013, Supreme Court of the State of California
- Attorney and Counselor at Law, 2013, United States District Court, Central District of California
- Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, 2013, University of La Verne College of Law
- Certificate of Achievement in Legal Research, 2013, University of La Verne College of Law
- Mediation Certificate, 2012, CA Dispute Resolution Programs Act training, University of La Verne College of Law
- Business Succession Planning
- Managing Financial Resources
- Designing Effective Organizations
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Management of Business Operations
- Global Business Management
- Managing Technology
- Crandall, Wade, & Lowe, A Professional Corporation
- Driskell & Gordon, Attorneys at Law
- Merrill Hanson Business & IT Consulting
- Hanson Distributing Company
- Covina Unified School District
- Con Passionate (Private Music Instruction)
Beyond the Office
Merrill began working in a law office environment in 2007. His interest in the legal profession peaked after he participated in a personal injury lawsuit stemming from when he was hit by a truck on his bicycle. Around that same time, Merrill met his future wife, Amanda. She promised to put Merrill through law school so long as Merrill promised to put her through motherhood. It was a deal! They were married in 2008, and they now have two sons.
To help support his family while in law school, Merrill began a business and IT consulting business in 2010. He provided financial and marketing services, computer support, plus general non-legal business advice to businesses in local counties. At the same time, Merrill also taught voice and piano to K-12 students. Today Merrill is relieved to have narrowed the scope of his work down to “just law.” Merrill credits his success in the competitive legal industry to these activities because they developed in him three attributes: (1) a background in business, (2) expertise in internet technologies and computer sciences, and (3) a heart of a teacher. It’s no wonder the majority of his business customers are now his legal clients today.