This position has been filled.
Solo-practitioner looking to acquire a certified paralegal/administrative assistant to the growing law firm in downtown Glendora. Team member would ideally be interested in committing to long-term growth with the firm on a part-time to full-time basis. Firm practices in estate planning and administration, as well as general litigation in many areas.
- Paralegal Certificate
- Minimum 45 WPM.
- Proficient with Windows 8+
- Excellent command over the English language.
- Highly skilled with manipulating MS Office 2010+
- Practical knowledge of civil procedure for purposes of litigation
- Known for paying attention to detail. Thorough. Efficient. “Good and Fast.”
- Experience with WordPress is desirable.
- Spanish-speaking is a plus.
- Not afraid to make suggestions.
- Quick learner.
- Civil procedure and compliance
- Programs in-house forms
- Writes cover letters and prepares items for mailing.
- Prepares legal forms
- Design, with guidance, marketing materials: pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Answers calls.
- Runs billing; minor bookkeeping
- Prepares discovery and tracks deadlines
- Makes recommendations to in-house procedures.
Some training will be provided for adapting skills to firm’s technology. Salary will be commensurate with experience, with an opportunity to earn bonuses. A flexible work schedule is negotiable. CA paid sick leave available. The new hire will be subject to a probationary period. Other benefits may be negotiable.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 180 N. Glendora Ave., Ste. 201, Glendora, CA 91741. Cover letter should include a response to the business’s mission statement. Applications submitted on paper will be reviewed first.
Applications will be accepted through January 31, 2016.